Onboard Web2 and Web3 players to your game with Babylon Wallet.Register now
Balthazar original research.
Check out Balthazar’s original research reports and insights into the NFT gaming metaverse.
- Illuvium is an interconnecting DeFi game protocol tying together a few different games set in the same universe with different purposes. The core game is an RPG where players catch monsters for use in battle in the second game, an auto battler. Finally, a mobile manager game is used for resource farming.
- Illuvium uses $ETH and its original token $ILV for governance and transaction purposes. These tokens live on the Ethereum blockchain. For gasless fees and speedy transactions of NFTs, the game leverages Ethereum’s Layer-2 scaling solution, Immutable X.
- The Illuvium team has over 150 people in various roles. The leadership has assembled a stellar team of professionals. Considering their employees, we believe they have all the prerequisites to deliver an outstanding gaming experience.
- Legends of Elumia is an MMORPG built on the Solana blockchain. It is set in a medieval fantasy world, where NFTs are a central part of the gameplay and economy.
- Legends of Elumia has a dual token economy with the tokens $ELU and $EKS at its core. $ELU is the governance token, and $EKS is the in-game currency.
- The team behind Legends of Elumia is undoxxed and unverifiable. We find seven core members listed, although they claim over 40 people are working on the game with over 80 years of combined experience.
- Star Atlas is a sci-fi space-centered next-gen gaming metaverse with top-notch graphics. It offers various avenues of gameplay, such as strategy, exploration, role-playing, and space flight simulation. The game has a player-driven economy tied to the real world through fungible and non-fungible tokens.
- The tokens at the economy’s core are called $POLIS and $ATLAS. $POLIS is the governance token, shipped in limited supply. $ATLAS, on the other hand, is inflationary and is the blood of the economy. With several burn mechanics and clever mechanisms to help manage the player-driven economy.
- The Star Atlas team comprises around 200 people, many of whom have impressive backgrounds in their respective fields and merits. With the team, several members come from studios working on similar games like Star Citizen, Eve Online, and Elite Dangerous.
- The story is set in a part of the world called Laria. A core system to the game is what is known as fiefs, which are territories players can improve as a community and will serve as their “home.” The core gameplay revolves around exploring, collecting, battling, gathering, and crafting.
- Koakuma uses both Binance Smart Chain and Polygon as blockchain solutions. We can expect future NFT launches on both BSC and Polygon. The $KKMA token is the game’s primary currency and governance token. It is capped to 1,000,000,000 tokens. It is still undisclosed where the token will be launched. However, it will be either of the two aforementioned blockchains.
- The Koakuma team consists of nearly 20 employees based primarily in China, Vietnam, and the Philippines. The information on the team members is not easily verifiable. Koakuma is the first game of the new Koakuma Studios, and they have high expectations.
- Domi Online is an MMORPG with a medieval setting. The game prides itself on having no skill or level cap, meaning that the hardcore players can keep going forever. Everything you do in Domi, except dying, is essentially “worth your time.” It is meant to be a remedy to the modern MMOs we see today. The players in Domi stay relevant, and being top-dog is a true achievement.
- Domi Online leverages the Avalanche ecosystem and the subnet technology to make transactions free in the game and offer a pleasant experience for gamers. In an MMO and games, nobody generally likes the extra costs for transactions and in-game trading due to blockchain technology. Domi uses the $DOMI token for its currency, and it is the only currency in-game, capped to 1,000,000,000 tokens.
- The team behind Domi Online is over 20 people strong and is led by PelleK, a famous YouTuber known for making music for games like League of Legends. Their lead developer also used to work on Runescape back in the day, bringing in a lot of experience from building “old-school” MMOs.
- Phantom Galaxies is a third-person 3D Action-RPG (ARPG) in the sci-fi genre. The game is played with mechanized starfighters that players will continuously improve and evolve throughout the game. The game has deep lore and engaging mechanics. It truly feels like a modern game fit for the decade.
- Phantom Galaxies is blockchain agnostic, although they will roll out the game on Polygon to begin with. Eventually, we will see the game on several blockchains, where each blockchain will have its native galaxy. Furthermore, cross-chain play will be enabled.
- Blowfish Studios, the team behind Phantom Galaxies, has a lot of experience in the game industry. They are a subsidiary of the web3 titan Animoca Brands and are partnered with giants like Apple, Google, Microsoft, Nintendo, Nvidia, Sega, Sony, etc.
- Guild of Guardians is a multiplayer mobile RPG where players build their teams to take on challenges in dungeons for loot, resources, and rewards. The game sets out to disrupt the mobile gaming industry by being one of the first games to bridge web2 gamers over to web3 successfully.
- The game is being developed by Stepico Games and published by Immutable. The track record of these companies gives us faith in the developmental capabilities of the team on both the blockchain and game dev sides.
- Guild of Guardians’ primary economic token is called Gems. The token is issued on Ethereum as an ERC-20 token. Players can earn Gems for free by playing and participating in the game and must spend gems whenever a new NFT is minted. Thus, redistributing Gems back into the reward pool for players.
- The Harvest is a fast-paced third-person shooter focusing on competitive team PVP. The game is set in a world with rich lore and multiple civilizations competing for ‘essence,’ the most sought-after resource in the universe.
- The game is blockchain agnostic regarding its NFTs, where the first launch sold out on Solana, and another one is coming up on BSC. There is still no information on which blockchain will host the native token or currency.
- The team behind the game has lots of relevant experience in game development. Where some of the staff have worked with companies like Sony and Ubisoft. The Harvest is currently hiring, as there are eight open positions on the team across the fields of engineering, art & design, and business development.