Latest Research Report: Explore the Illuvium UniverseLearn more
Balthazar original research.
Check out Balthazar’s original research reports and insights into the NFT gaming metaverse.
- Sky Frontier is an anime-style NFT MMORPG with hunting focus from the company BIGBANG, Sky Frontier Fantasy Battle. It’s built for PC and mobile, and is a free-to-play game set in a fantasy world where players hunt flying whales from their airship.
- The tokens and NFTs are launched on Binance Smart Chain which seems to be a trend for anime-style games. As we’ve seen many of them on the Binance NFT Launchpad. Up until now there have been two NFT sales, with a third in the pipeline if the teasers are to be believed.
- The team behind Sky Frontier resides in the company BIGBANG, which has 16 employees. The founders have experience from companies such as Konami, and years of experience in the mobile gaming industry.
- Kitsumon is a P2E game with breeding, farming, and MOBA features. The game wants you to breed forth a strong Kitsu which players then take to the Battle Arena to fight it out MOBA style in either 3v3 or 5v5 matches.
- Kitsumon operates with a dual token economy where $KMC is the exclusive currency token. The in-game currency is called KANDY, and is purely for in-game purposes. It also acts as a buffer to market volatility that traded tokens bring. $KMC is to be found on the Polygon Layer-2 blockchain solution for Ethereum.
- The team behind Kitsumon got experience within software development, blockchain, and marketing. They have a high count of partners and integrations, and in their NFT sales they managed to sell out everything in a relatively short time.
- Rebel Bots is a P2E cross-platform card battle game from Xoilium Ltd. The game is set in a sci-fi-themed game world and lets players play and progress in single- and multiplayer modes. Players build armies of robots to compete against other players for valuable Xoil.
- The team envision a gaming franchise of blockchain games built on their Rebel Bots brand. They want players to be able to use their character NFTs throughout all of their franchise games within the Rebel Bots metaverse. The focus is on the social aspect of gaming, and they cater to casual and competitive players.
- The game builds on the Polygon blockchain solution which is a Layer-2 scaling solution for Ethereum. The game has a dual token economy comprising the $RBLS governance token and XOIL in-game token. The NFTs and $RBLS token will be on-chain.
- DOGAMÍ is a play-and-earn, metaverse-ready, virtual companion, which is a cross between a game and lifestyle app for mobile. Players will care for their pet Dogamí through its different phases in life, and play, compete, earn and socialise through the game.
- DOGAMÍ has a single-token economy with the Petaverse-native currency $DOGA representing the energy generated through the pet and owner bond. $DOGA has several “burn mechanics’,“ and is recycled back into the game. It also has a capped supply of 1 billion tokens.
- The team behind DOGAMÍ is well experienced in entrepreneurship and web3 projects. Building a pet game for mobile utilising NFTs positions them at the intersection of three major global trends making it a great business opportunity. The game leverages the Tezos blockchain ecosystem for both its $DOGA token and NFTs, setting it up for long term sustainability and growth through Tezos’ fast transaction speed, low cost, and eco-friendly operation.
- SkyArk Chronicles is a trilogy of RPG games set in an anime-style fantasy world. Its story comprises three main happenings. Where the first game and chapter of the chronicle revolves around you, a member of the House of Heroes fighting alongside the king Satoshi Nakamoto to repel invading threats.
- Initially there are five different classes to play, the warrior, magician, acolyte, thief, and archer. These will eventually be able to progress to the next tier as the game development progresses. We can see hints of tiers up to level 5.
- This game leaves much to imagination as there is not a lot of information. Little is known about the tokenomics of the game. Even if we’re still left with a lot of questions, we can at least enjoy the artwork which is of high quality.
- Psychedelics Anonymous is an NFT project with several collections where the Genesis collection with 9595 unique profile picture NFTs is the main one. Apart from the stunning artistic expression in the NFTs, the “lore” is deep and layered.
- The focus of the project is on psychedelic drugs, such as psilocybin, and how this can be used to treat mental health issues. The team behind the project donates a large portion of the revenue earned from the NFT sales to organisations providing psychedelic assisted therapy.
- The project has a large engaged community and the team issues monthly updates about the project being fully transparent and clear on what is going on. Apart from this the project is Ethereum based, and the NFTs can be found on the marketplace OpenSea.
- Photo Finish Racing is a play-to-earn virtual horse game by Third Time, Inc. The game offers several aspects which will determine the winner of the race instead of utilising a random number generator to choose the winner.
- The game’s economy comprises two tokens $CROWN and $DERBY. $CROWN is the governance token utilised by the DAO, whereas $DERBY is an inflationary token acting as the in-game currency. This is used for race entry fees, breeding, etc. The tokens and NFTs are living on the Solana blockchain.
- Photo Finish Racing is not the first game from Third Time, Inc. The team has previously built two successful horse racing games reaching 13 million downloads for mobile. This puts the team in high standing, and leaders of the market-segment.
- Nekoverse is a mobile cat-themed MMORPG featuring battles, resource harvesting, and crafting built on the Solana blockchain. The world itself is divided into three main areas, with different levels of security. In the most dangerous places, a losing battle may be the end of your Neko, and the loss of your NFTs.
- The game’s economy is of the dual-token model. The resources and items within the game all have a purpose and will be extensively used throughout a player’s progression in the game. The team focuses on avoiding the declining reward curve, hopefully making Nekoverse sustainable in the long run.
- Nekoverse’s market segment is mobile games of the MMO genre. It is not meant to compete against PC or console games. There seems to be a lot of potential in the mobile market, and if Nekoverse can carve out its slice, it could very well be one of the leading mobile blockchain games.