Latest Research Report: Explore the Illuvium UniverseLearn more
Last updated: December 1, 2021.
Balthazar respects your privacy and shares your concern about the security of data you may submit to our platform. Balthazar refers to an ecosystem comprising Balthazar websites, servers, platforms, mobile applications, servers, clients, and other applications that are developed to offer Balthazar services, and includes independently-operated platforms, websites and clients within the ecosystem. In this policy, when we refer to Balthazar it includes Balthazar Operators which refers to all parties that run, and are responsible for the Balthazar ecosystem, and includes legal persons, unincorporated associations, foundations, and DAOs.
1. What Personal Information About Users Does Balthazar Collect?
Balthazar collects your personal information in order to provide and continually improve our products and services. Here are the types of personal information we collect:
Information you give us: we receive and store any information you provide in relation to Balthazar. You can choose not to provide certain information but then you might not be able to use some Balthazar Services. Examples of information that you may give us includes:
- residential address
- email address
- date of birth
- other information to help us identify you
- the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet,
- login, e-mail address, password and location of your device or computer;
- Balthazar Services metrics (e.g., the occurrences of technical errors, your interactions with service features and content, and your settings preferences);
- version and time zone settings;
- transaction history.
2. Can Minors Use Balthazar Services?
Balthazar does not allow anyone under the age of 18 to use Balthazar Services.
3. Why Does Balthazar Process My Personal Information?
We process your personal information to operate, provide, and improve the Balthazar Services that we offer our users. These purposes include:
- We use your personal information to provide functionality, fix errors, analyse performance, and improve the Balthazar Services.
- We use your personal information to take instructions and communicate with you about services, and promotional offers.
- We use your personal information to personalise your experience, make recommendations that might be of interest to you, and identify your preferences.
- On some occasions, we may collect and use your personal information to comply with laws and regulations.
- We use your personal information to communicate with you in relation to Balthazar Services.
- We process personal information to safeguard security and protect users, Balthazar and third parties from fraud and abuse.
- We may also ask for your consent to process your personal information for a specific purpose that we communicate to you. When you consent to our processing your personal information for a specified purpose, you may withdraw your consent at any time and we will stop processing your data for that purpose.
4. What Are Cookies and Other Identifiers for?
We may use operational cookies to provide our services, for example to:
- identify you when you sign-in to use our services;
- provide customised features and services;
- display features, services and adverts which might be of interest to you;
- prevent fraudulent activity;
- improve security;
- keep track of your preferences; and
- understand how our services are used to improve what we do.
Please refer to your browser settings for more information about how to prevent your browser from accepting new cookies, how to have the browser notify you when you receive a new cookie, how to disable and remove cookies, and when cookies will expire.
Operational cookies allow you to take advantage of some of Balthazar’s essential features. If you block or otherwise reject operational cookies through your browser settings some features and services may not work.
5. Does Balthazar Share My Personal Information?
We value our user’s privacy, and unless we deem it necessary, we will not share your personal information with others. Balthazar shares users’ personal information only as described below and with the related parties, operational services providers, affiliates of Balthazar that are either subject to this Privacy Notice or follow practices at least as protective as those described in this Privacy Notice.
We employ other businesses and individuals to perform functions for us. Examples include analysing data, providing marketing assistance, processing payments, and transmitting content. These third-party service providers have access to personal information needed to perform their functions, but may not use it for other purposes. They must process the personal information in accordance with this Privacy Notice and as only permitted by applicable data protection laws.
We only release account and other personal information when we believe release is appropriate to comply with the law; enforce or apply our Terms and Conditions of Use and other agreements; or protect the rights, property or safety of Balthazar, our users or others.
6. Cross border transfers of personal data
Balthazar may transfer your data internationally. Balthazar puts in place suitable safeguards to ensure that such transfer is carried out in compliance with applicable data protection rules. Where Balthazar transfers personal data to affiliates or service providers, Balthazar relies on the standard approved contractual clauses.
7. Is My Information Secure?
Our systems are designed to protect your privacy and security. We endeavour to protect the security of your personal information during transmission by using encryption protocols and software.
You must protect your account from unauthorised access. We suggest that you use a unique password for your Balthazar account, and you take great care not to allow access to your sessions by using a shared computer.
8. What About Advertising?
We may share your personal information with our marketing partners to target, create models and analyse behaviour for marketing purposes.
8. What Information Can I Access?
You can access your account information and its contents.
10. What Choices Do I Have?
If you have any questions or objection as to how we collect and process your personal information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
You may withdraw your consent at any time and we will stop any further processing of your data for that purpose. However, we may not be able to continue to provide our services to you.
In addition, subject to applicable law, you have the right to request access to, correct, and delete your personal data. You may also object to our processing of your personal data or ask that we restrict the processing of your personal data in certain instances. If you wish to do any of these things, please contact email@example.com.
11. How Long Does Balthazar Keep My Personal Information?
12. EU GDPR and UK Data Protection Laws – Legal Basis
The EU GDPR and UK data protection laws require a legal basis for our use of personal information. Our basis varies depending on the specific purpose for which we use personal information. We rely on:
- receiving your consent to process your personal information for a specific purpose that we communicate to you. You may withdraw your consent at any time and we will stop processing your data for that purpose.
- Performance of a contract when we provide you with products or services, or communicate with you about them. This includes when we use your personal information to take and handle orders, and process payments.
- Our legitimate business interests and the interests of our users when we detect and prevent fraud and abuse in order to protect the security of our users, ourselves, or others.
- Compliance with a legal obligation when we use your personal information to comply with laws. For instance, we collect bank account information for identity verification purposes.
- These and other legal bases depending on the purpose for which we use personal information.
13. Contact Information
Please direct any privacy related questions to our data protection officer at firstname.lastname@example.org, and will endeavour to address your questions or requests.
14. Conditions of Use, Notices and Revisions
If you choose to use Balthazar Services, your use and any dispute over privacy is subject to this potice and our Terms and Conditions of Use. If you have any concerns about privacy at Balthazar, please contact us with a thorough description, and we will try to resolve it. You also have the right to contact your local data protection authority.