Onboard Web2 and Web3 players to your game with Babylon Wallet.
Using health as a consumable item, it can be utilized to accumulate value through new content rather than exacerbating numerical inflation, reducing the numerical gap between new and old players; making the fluidity of health an important resource management gameplay, further increasing economic depth.
- The health value is a personal process in each map progress, which is only bound to the player itself, rather than the vehicle, clothing, or other durable goods.
- The initial health value is 3 hearts, and players will get more hearts as they grow. The maximum health value for each map is 10, which is enough for difficult adventures.
- When players unlock new maps through map fragments, they need to sacrifice different amounts of health value. Hearts are directly consumed and cannot be traded.
- Food collected and processed in the environment can temporarily supplement health value, and the recovery effect of expired food is reduced. Food can be carried in the storage space of auxiliary slots. In addition, the game allows players to use overclocking energy to cooperate with healing plugins to restore health value or revive on the spot after death (for open world and PvP).
- After removing the numerical design (level and experience points), the inflation of health points will also cause difficulty and general inflation of other values. Therefore, it is necessary to add differences between permanent (maximum health) and temporary (food) to treat health points as a consumable item that can be easily obtained or lost along with map progression.
- This design is inspired by the Zelda dungeon and The Binding of Isaac, exploring the value space of the flow of health points, and achieving the effects of promoting transactions and limiting inflation. The upper limit of health points is not enough to cause the Matthew effect between new and old players in each map progression, leaving room for operation and technology.
- In addition, health points are weakly linked to game playtime, decoupled from the items themselves, and as a necessity to obtain new map progression (new content), it further solves the problem of ROI speculators and pay-to-win players who do not need to play games but can directly purchase high-end goods and produce high-end resources.
- By turning health points into a consumable process and adding a shelf life to food, it can relatively avoid the hoarding problem of “healing potions” in traditional MMOs.
- In the later stage of the game, for the occupation of no man’s land, license competition, the production and decomposition of durable goods, etc., the consumption of health points can also be considered.